Thursday, June 18, 2009

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ


Every Wednesday night the entire summer program gathers for evening prayer and adoration before the Blessed Sacrament. Last night after we completed evening prayer all 175 of us were in silence as we spent the remaining time in prayer. About ten minutes into my prayer the beautiful silence was broken. At first I did not know what it was. It sound it like a sawing sound. Then it got louder and louder until it was accentuated with gasps for air. My solitude with God was interrupted by a loud snoring sound in the back. (I suddenly had flashbacks to the annual March for Life Trip and wanting to smother a certain colleague of mine with a pillow because I desperately needed sleep and they were so loud I could not sleep at all). However, instead I laughed and used it as a moment of joy. In fact most of the guys treated it as such as they looked around and caught each other's eyes and grins. It was a great moment that reminded us all of our humanity and God's profound sense of humor. In the end the snoring went on for ten minutes or so uninterrupted. This fact makes me think it must of been a retired priest or nun that no one wanted to disturb.

No comments:

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).