Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Look Into My Heart & Journal



I approach today's blog posting with some hesitance. I have always wanted to make this blog a real blog, a true and honest depiction of my journey through seminary life. In wanting to keep true to this desire I will share with you my experience today (which is incredibly personal to me). It is simply an excerpt from my journal. There is no editing (some of you will say that is different how?- to that I say better to write from the heart!), only the free flowing thoughts from my prayer. It is unedited and presented as written, run-ons and all. Please excuse its simplicity, and instead see the depths from which it flows.



"I have found for the first time in my life that there is an inexpressable joy that transcends human understanding, which can only be found in prayer. For thirty years I have known God, but until this week the beauty and depth of this has escaped me.

The hardest part of this week has not been the silence, but rather the joy that wells up inside, a joy for which I can share with no one, for I am silent. My heart sings to the Glory of God and only He can hear its melody, only He hears its words."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for taking the time to share your journey with us. And, I also thank you for answering God's call. I pray for you and your fellow seminarians daily.

Don Arsenault

J. Duffy said...

Thanks for telling us about this Mr. Nelson. I have to say that your path in faith is going to lead you to great places. Thank you for realizing that you have been called to serve God. You are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Andrew, that was quite simply....beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

~Michelle

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).