Thursday, June 25, 2009

College World Series




Tonight three of us snuck out of our evening activities in order to attend the final game of the college world series. The game was between LSU and Texas and was held at Omaha's Rosenblatt Stadium. Our seats were in left field and had shade. As it has been in the 90's all week this was essential. The crowd was festive and evenly split between the two teams. I was cheering for LSU, which was a good thing as they destroyed Texas 11-4.

To be honest I am not a big baseball fan, but I found the game to be a blast. It was nice to enjoy the beautiful weather, a nice breeze and great company. I met the nicest people seated around us and learned many interesting things about Nebraska. It was also cool to say that I went to the final game of the College World Series.

As far as dodging out of the evening activities, they have been cool about it for such things. I also saw six other seminarians at the same game, so I imagine there were many more of us there. As I missed evening prayer I am off to the Church (11:23pm) to say my prayers and head to bed.

No comments:

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).