Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Moment's Rest






The past six days have been an incredibly difficult and emotional time for all of us at St. Mary's. This morning the formal grieving process came to a close with the memorial mass for Father Tony, celebrated by over 112 priests, and the transfer of his body from our Chapel to its final resting place in Guam.

Tomorrow afternoon, after resting my body, mind and soul, I hope to be able to share my thoughts and reflections on Father Tony's final journey and the manner in which we said good bye to God's faithful servant.

Tonight however I cannot share this story with you, as my heart is heavy and my body tired. I can tell you however, that I go to bed renewed and strengthened in my vocation and filled with an incredible thirst for the Lord. Please know that I am forever grateful to all of you who have kept me in your prayers this week and every week. May God continue to bless you and your families.

-Andrew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beautiful photos. For those that never met Father Perez, I think it is important they see how genuine of a person he was. The photos say it all.

Hang in there. You now know a real Saint....who is certainly watching over his boys at Saint Mary's. Now how many people can really say they met a Saint?

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).