Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Day of Sadness

Today the entire community of St. Mary's Seminary has been struck with great sadness with the sudden loss of our Vice Rector Father Tony Perez, S.S. He was an amazing man and a good friend to all, especially to seminarians. I have some many wonderful memories of a wonderful man. Please keep us all in your prayers as we begin to come to terms with this day. On my own journey to priesthood I can think of few individuals who have been as influential as Father Perez. He was a true example of the call to fall Christ.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of Father Perez. I had the great priviledge to meet him and he left a lasting impression on me as well. Despite the understandable sadness, rejoice & be glad as at last he is in the presence of the living God, who will surely say to him, "well done, my good and faithful servant".

Hang in there at the Seminary & aspire to be a Father Perez.

Will

Anonymous said...

May God continue to bless and guide you in your journey. Father Tony Perez will also be missed by those whom he lead as our Pastor and Priest. He was truly a wonderful friend and a follower of Christ.

Vivat Jesus,
Br Mark

EcceAdam said...

I am a former seminarian at St. Mary's. Fr. Perez was a wonderful man, a good friend, and a caring, faithful priest. I was so sad to have heard about his sudden passing, and am praying for everyone at St. Mary's during this difficult time.

Elena said...

I heard about this... I hope everyone is okay. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Emily B. said...

Mr. Nelson,
Sorry to here about your loss. You are in our prayers here at Trinity. If you need anything just let us know.
-Emily Bourque.

Holly O. said...

Ms. Comeau told us about your friend. I am very sorry and you are in my prayers along with his family.

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).