Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Give Up Yer Aul Sins

Below is a cartoon video made popular in recent years in Ireland. The audio for the cartoon is from actual recording made by a teacher in the 1950's who decided to record her students telling stories. The kids loved it and gave her many beautiful moments. Enjoy this adorable look and listen into lives from the past, and the heart warming rendition of the story of St. John the Baptist.

It reminds me of the time I was teaching in Ireland and the Inner City Dublin accent that many of my students had. In particular it reminds me of one of my favorite students, a little girl named Carla who loved the spot light, telling stories and explaining how she would be a movie star or princess one day. Hope you enjoy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...this is awesome...are there other videos?

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).