Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall Break

Today marked the official start of our seminary fall break. This morning we had an alumni day Mass which featured about 150 visitors from the seminary's past. After a post-Mass social where I was in charge of the bar, it was off to a fancy luncheon with lots of speechs. In the end it was a great day and I particularly enjoyed celebrating those priest who had graduated 50+ years ago. The two oldest priests present had served for over 65 years. I can't begin to imagine what I will look like in sixty five years, God willing.

At the conclusion of the luncheon the rector announced a free weekend, with no classes on friday. We of course applaudled loudly and then made our way to the exits at double time. I will be using my time to catch up, sleep in and perhaps even get ahead.

Right now I am headed to bed early for the first time in a long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you have an early weekend start! Just wanted you to know that when you google Andrew Nelson Bellringer it shows you are 29....now I know you don't like aging, however, I feel you should accept the fact you are in fact 31.....embrace it.....if you age at all like your older brother, you've got nothing to worry about as he is suuucch a handsome man.

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).