Sunday, August 2, 2009

Driving is for the Insane

I officially wish to declare my hatred of driving. There was a moment in my life in which I loved driving, but it has passed. After spending three days in the car I have decided I want a divorce from my car.

My return trip was rather uneventful, below you will find the highlights:

Welcome to Iowa
Corn
Corn
Corn
Windmills
Corn
Corn
Windmills
Corn
Windmills
Corn
Ahhh Need Caffeine!
Welcome to Illinois
Corn
Traffic
Traffic
Power Lines
Urban Sprawl
Power Lines
Traffic
Is it legal to drive like that?
I wonder why they are pointing to the sky?
Corn
Welcome to Indiana
Fields
Deer
Fields
Notre Dame
Lit Candle for Everyone at Grotto
Notre Dame is Beautiful
Sight of Hotel Room Bed, more beautiful
zzzzzz

I hate my alarm!
Welcome to the free Continental Breakfast
Are those eggs plastic
Don't touch that muffin, that's my muffin, don't take the last muffin
Don't make me come over there and take my muffin back
Maybe the car will be more comfortable today, than yesterday
No, definitely not!
More Caffeine
Welcome to Ohio
Fields
Fields
Thud! That's going to leave a mark
Fields
City
Fields
Welcome to Pennsylvania
Construction
Erie
Traffic
Traffic
Gas pumped by overly enthusiastic gas attendant
argghhhh
Welcome to New York
I think they want to run me off the road
Am I already in Boston, nope just nasty aggressive NY drivers
Sweet radio station
Seminarian singing along and holding a hip hop dance party in his car
Fields, Beautiful Rolling Hills and not so beautiful country music
Syracuse New York here we come
Dinner with Nancy and Dennis Lessard (formerly of the THS Faculty)
Dinner was at Irish Restaurant, wicked cool, even had Leprechaun Door....
"Nancy and Dennis thanks so much for letting me stay at your house, the guest room is perfect, let me just sit on this couch for a moment, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"


Ah, beautiful car, how I loathe thee
Oh GPS, why must though discuss times and distances
Highway....
Boring...
No good music stations
might go crazy
Welcome to West Rupert, VT- home of my sister!
Chat, Chat, Chat
Oh my it is 1:00am


"I'll get you uncle Andrew" followed by a leaping seven year old
"ahhhhhhh"
(maybe if I shut my eyes everyone will go away and I can go back to sleep)
"ahhhhhhh"
"ahhhhhhh"
Fun day visiting with sisters and family
4 wheeling at full speed- sweet!
Blogging from Vermont
Not looking forward to 4.5 hour drive to a Diocesan Appt and then a 3.5 hour drive to a Diocesan Retreat in CT.

Anyone want to buy a Camry?


Upcoming Posts: Spiritual Moms, An angel from Hudson...

No comments:

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).