Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Twisters, Corn, Steak and Prayer





Tomorrow morning at 7:00am I will depart my restful Brookfield, NH family home for a 25 hour drive to Omaha, Nebraska. For ten weeks I will join about 150 seminarians from around the country for a summer long spirituality program called "the Institute for Priestly Formation." (nicknamed IPF, but since it is me we are talking about, please don't confuse it with the International Powerlifting Federation)

The ten week program is built of the spiritual excercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola and includes an eight day silent retreat (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)(ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) and three summer courses on priesthood, spirituality, etc... The program itself takes place at Creighton University which is in the heart of Omaha, Nebraska. If anyone knows anything exciting about Omaha, or will be in town, please let me know.

I am a firm believer in truth in advertising and the need to be real, open and honest- so here are my thoughts before I leave

Things I am Excited about:
- seeing neat things along the drive out
- lots of free time to relax
- meeting cool people while there
- Omaha steaks
- attending the College World Series (held in Omaha)
- Spending the Fourth of July in Yankton, South Dakota with friends
- Having some time to really pray, reflect and grow
- learning new things and being challenged to grow
- getting down time, lots of it, to read, pray and reflect

Things I am not Excited about:
- Nebraska (no offense)
- Summer in Nebraska
- My entire summer in Nebraska
-Tornados
- Heat
- 10 weeks! (6 weeks good, 10 weeks long)
- the possibility that my suite mate might be crazy
- not getting to see my friends this summer
- missing the Trinity High School Graduation
- corn


I will keep you updated on my progress westward!

p.s.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you already---Corn Boy!

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).