Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hope/P.E.T.A. please don't protest my house it was an accident!

This evening had the wonderful opportunity to spend the evening over dinner with the Franciscan Mystery Players. They are a group of amazing young people from across Manchester who share an evening of prayer, reflection and acting each lent. During their 90 minute performance/prayer they act out the Sorrowful Mysteries of the rosary in silence, in a dark Church, with special lighting.

Over the past four years I have been privileged to come to know this amazing group of young people. They have served as real and authentic witnesses to Christ's presence in the Church and in the world. Quietly and humbly they have inspired me and been a real source of joy and hope. As I prepare to leave for Omaha, Nebraska for the summer (summer school... details to follow) I can think of no better way to spend my last day in Manchester than with these fine young men and women. In a day and age in which they future can seem so uncertain, and the challenges ahead for the Church so great, I can honestly rest easy as I know she will be in good hands. Mystery Players, thank you for being a guiding light on my life's journey.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note: when driving home from aforementioned evening, be sure to avoid black & white creatures that smell, for if you run them over, they will seek their revenge, when they spray your car! When they are frolicking in a field with St. Francis, you will be smelling them for a week when you are trapped in your car driving 26 hours to Nebraska. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

No comments:

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).