Sunday, May 3, 2009

It is Raining Out and I Slept In!


For the first time in a long time we have had a late start to the day. This morning Mass is at 11:30am, so I was able to enjoy one of my favorite things in the world, sleeping in. Last night after working over my papers and a take home exam I went to bed at 1am. This morning I had the great privilege of waking up when I wanted to. With the window open and the rain coming down hard, I woke up at 9:30am and laid in bed listening the birds, the rain and thinking until 10:45am. It was amazing and long over do. I am not sure what it is about sleeping in on a rainy morning but it is amazing.

On a side note I am counting the days until I finish my first year in the seminary, six days to be exact. This Friday after classes I will make the long journey home to NH for a wedding of some good friends. Following the wedding I have about a week off before I have to head to Nebraska for the summer (details to follow in another posting). In the meantime I will buckle down and try and get all my assignments in and all my things in order so that I can leave on time and with a smile. Off to Mass.

No comments:

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).