Monday, September 19, 2011
What we know
What we have learned about the new Bishop today ( a special shout out to Sarah Jane von Haack over at Parable Magazine):
- He speaks Spanish, French, Slovakian & Italian
- According to Parable magazine editor Sarah Jane von Haack, the new Bishop said that he will "pray his brains out" in order to prepare for his new role.
- He is of Slovakian, Sicilian & British Ancestry
- His favorite dessert is Blueberry pie a la mode
- He said to the Trinity High School Community
"We are ready to our part to build the Church"
- His motto will be "Arise and Walk"
- He said the most important way to approach ministry is with compassion
- He was born in Queens (less hope he is not a Yankees Fan!)
- He is beloved in Rockville Center and they are mourning their loss
- He regularly visited the Seminary there, and is well known and regarded by the guys there, including those from other dioceses
Important Blog News:
Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).