Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sorry for the delay this week, it has been crazy!

Today was an exciting day in the seminary as we had three guys ordained deacons. The three guys were ordained at the seminary as it was the preferences of their respective Bishops. It was exciting to see guys you know well take the major step toward the priesthood. It was powerful because it was at this point that there lives were forever changing as the took a permant step forward.

The mass itself was beautiful and had 40 or so priests concelebrating as well as nearly three hundred guests. The most moving portion of the Mass was when the deacon candidates had to lay prostrate on the floor as a sign of humility. The laid face first on the hard chapel floor for a good five minutes as the Litany of Saints was sung. The litany is my favorite song and always makes me tear up. I am not sure what it is about the litany, but it makes me speechless. I think it might be because it conveys the stories and witnesses of so many amazing men and women in the Church. Every time I hear it I can't help but to think of the amazing people in my own life who have been witnesses to faith and the profound effect they have on me (this includes many of you who follow the blog).

After tearing up a bit it was back to the usual prayers, etc...

All in all it was an amazing day and a reminder of where I will be, in three years- God willing. (note: YOU BEST BE THERE!)


- I hope to post some pictures from today, tomorrow

No comments:

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).