Sunday, November 2, 2008

All Souls Day

Throughout the month of November the Church takes particular focus on praying for those of our brothers and sisters who have gone before us. Here at St. Mary's we have a special book with the names of the departed that sits in the center of the chapel for the entire month. In it are the names of loved ones who have passed on. Each and every day we gather in November we pray in a special way for each person whose name is found within. The tradition of praying for the dead is a long one in the Church. We ask God in a special way to welcome all those who have departed into his kingdom.

On the left column of the blog I have my email address attached. I would like to invite all of you who follow the site to email me the names of your loved ones who you would like remembered in our prayers. I will add each of their names to the book of the dead and our entire community will remember them in our prayers each and every day.

God Bless!

No comments:

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).