Friday, May 14, 2010

El Camino









This time tomorrow I will be sleeping, hopefully, on an Iberia Airlines flight to Spain to take part in the trip of the lifetime. Accompanied by two good friends, Alan Tremblay from the diocese of Manchester and Jason Hage from the diocese of Syracuse, I am off to take part in one of the oldest Christian Pilgrimages in the world. The Camino is a pilgrimage route across Northern Spain and much of Europe, which has been popular since the Middle Ages. Pilgrim's continue to hike hundreds of miles to the end destination of Santiago de Compostella, home of the remains of Saint James. Tomorrow we are off to Hike 150+ miles in a journey of faith.

God willing I will be trying to update on our progress, but carrying just a change of clothes on my back and prayers in my heart, who knows what I will encounter. Until then....

No comments:

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).