Sunday, February 8, 2009

Family, Fun and I Should Not Have Waited Until the Last Minute to Do My Work

This weekend was wonderful. The weather was warm, my family was in town and I did no work. After being installed as a lector on Thursday we had a fancy formal dinner in the Seminary refectory (dining room). After celebrating the night I hung out with my parents for a while and then went to the seminary lounge for more celebration. On Friday after classes we went out to lunch with about ten of the guys which was fun. After a weekend of touring Baltimore and enjoying a 60 degree day it is back to the grindstone.

I have an important paper due Tuesday which I have been "working on" for a week. The first paragraph is great. It is also all there is. Not sure if their are any procrasinators out there or not, but I put the Pro in procrastination! Tonight is the night I need to get it done.

After I complete that paper, I have my regular work this week, including a killer mid term. My goal is to get it all done between now and friday so that I can enjoy our February vacation next week.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Sunday nights are always rough when you scramble to do all you should of all weekend long. With a little luck I might even take a little walk before bed. It is 60, why not. Out with winter and in with spring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean you weren't already a lector? What is this silliness? Just kidding, I'm glad you got a cool celebration. I was made a lector kind of on the fly because of a shortage of volunteers. All those years in drama club paid off, haha.

I wrote a 2 page paper ten minutes before class started the other day, does that come close to your record of procrastination?

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Nelson, congrats on becoming a lector and making that first step towards becoming a priest. I have to say I am completely jealous of the 60 degree weather you're experiencing. I thought the 42 degree weather we had in Boston this weekend was something to cheer about haha. It was a litter bittersweet to see the pictures you posted from the March for Life. I am sad that I was not able to experience that this year, but it was still nice to see the Trinity students there. I think next year I am going to talk with people in the Campus Ministry here at Emmanuel and see if we can organize a trip.

Hope everything else is good! :)

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).