Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Apple Picking






This weekend we enjoyed a special break in celebration of Columbus Day. The nice part was we had to responsibilities beyond our parishes. Some guys were able to go home, but because of our weekend ministry I was not. However, I was able to enjoy a little bit of a break and am most grateful for it. On Saturday Francis Ouma, a seminarian from Uganda and good friend of mine, and Father Cliff, a Zambian priest studying for a higher degree at St. Mary's, and I headed to western Maryland to go Apple Picking. I have many wonderful memories as a child doing this very same thing with my family, so each Columbus Day weekend at the Seminary I have headed up to a small little family run orchard to do the same thing. It was a good time and a beautiful way to get away from the grind of the Seminary life. It was also fun to share this tradition with some of our African brothers.

1 comment:

SueMack said...

Francis how wonderful! Bring the apples to Andrew's Mom she'll make pies.

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).