Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ireland






This past week I have been in Ireland working on an exciting project linking Irish schools with St. Anthony's Elementary School in Manchester, NH. The project is the brainchild of many teacher/dreaming discussions and the result of a lot of hard work. The concept is simple, link St. Anthony's with other schools around the world, with hopes of one day having a school that is completely linked and wired with others schools throughout the world. One of the great things about Irish schools is that they are wonderful and the teachers are very energetic and game for such things. It also helps having a few friends in the classroom.

For the past week I have been making my way throughout the country organizing the project and interacting with the schools and community. In the beginning I thought the week long initial project would be a breeze and that I would have half the week to put my feet up and relax. In the end I found myself incredibly busy, but all for good things. I was able to reconnect with many old friends and visit Old Dublin again. It was great fun, minus the three hour delay from Continental Airlines, going over, and the current delay going back.

No comments:

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).