Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Funny Feeling



Fall has finally arrived at the Seminary and with it there is change in the air. I am not sure exactly what it is but things seem different from when the year started. Work is piling up and energy levels are beginning to run out (for no good reason I must honestly admit). I am not sure what it is but I am having a difficult time finding motivation to do my work. I think part of the reason might be that the closer one gets to overwhelming projects, the more the natural response is to do nothing. I am not sure if this quite makes sense or not, but for me sometimes it seems as if the more I have to do the less I want to do it. This of course creates a problem as one puts off the necessary and thus only digs a digger hole in which to crawl out of. So that is where I sit, with a mountain of work and no real desire to do it. I suppose I will dig deep within and find some energy to get it done, but no such luck yet.

On another note I have been finding my prayer time recently incredibly fruitful. I am not sure why that is, but when I am entering into prayer in the silence of my heart I am feeling the warmth of God's presence in a special and real way. This powerful experience has been further enriched by a flood of random memories from the past which have begun to creep into my mind. When I am in prayer I am finding myself remembering small and random moments in my life. I suppose it will all make sense to me at some point, but for now I am just enjoying them as they come.

No comments:

Important Blog News:

Please note this blog will begin being regularly updated after August 21st (when I arrive in Baltimore).